The Links at Groveport
The City of Groveport is currently looking to fill the position of Golf Course Equipment Technician for the Links at Groveport. We are seeking a candidate that is a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational and record keeping skills to join our team. In addition to mechanical skills the desired candidate will also possess a solid background in small engines, hydraulics, electrical systems and precise cutting unit maintenance. This is a full-time position with the city that reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and will work closely with the Assistant Golf Couse Superintendent. The pay scale for the position is $34,049.60/yr to $54,766.40/yr (starting salary not to exceed $44,387.20) and the city’s benefits package includes health/dental/vison insurance, retirement program (OPERS), vacation and uniforms. All eligible candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug test. Below is a summarized list of the job requirements and responsibilities, the city’s complete job description will be provided during interviews or upon request.
All interested candidates please send resumes/applications (found on city website: www.groveport.org) to:
City of Groveport OR SWadley@groveport.org
655 Blacklick St
Groveport, Ohio 43125
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain insurability under the municipality’s vehicle insurance policy.
- General understanding of a golf course and all equipment used to maintain it.
- Communication, organizational and computer (general and office software) skills.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment with a strong understanding of small engines, hydraulics, electrical systems and cutting units (grinding/setup).
- Ability to diagnose and communicate in a professional manner.
- Schedule will be Monday through Friday 6:30am-3pm, some unscheduled hours required.
- Must maintain a clean, well-organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance plan within budget guidelines.
- Oversee proper record keeping for equipment, parts and fuel.
- Responsible for all equipment involve with the maintenance of the golf course.
- Ability to stay current with industry trends and training.
- Develop an understanding of Quality of Cut and it’s importance to the health and playability of the golf course.
- Assist with capital equipment planning as needed.
- Perform golf course maintenance as needed (this will be minimal and limited to times of need).